Saturday, June 6, 2009

Blog

I would have to make the rough estimate that about 85% of people who blog don't even know where the name came from. I have always known that is had something to do with 'log' obviously.
How did I come upon this topic? I was reading someone else's blog and she won an award in a magazine so I clicked the link to that page and there was a litle Scholastic window on the page that told me to 'double click on any word and the definition would appear'. So I tried it out on a few words and then I decided to do 'blog'. Here's the definition-

BLOG: shortened from "Web log," an online journal that may be personal or topical, in which the author makes regular entries that appear in reverse chronological order and can be read by the general public.
So basically some people who either had a speech impairment or were just laaaazzzy or had to sneeze one day slurred web log so that it cut off the 'we' part. So it went from 'web log' to 'weblog' to 'blog'.

Now wasn't that interesting?

4 comments:

  1. gloria, it was the meanest mom blog. quite a funny blog to say the least. that is quite the interesting topic, if i might say so myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yep, it's the meanest mom's blog. it's: themeanestmom.blogspot.com

    truly hilarious blog about an overly dramatic mother and her experinces. it is very cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All India packers and movers list – You will find here best packers and movers website list. If you want to shift your home and office you can click below link and vist website.
    Noida packers and movers
    Delhi packers and movers
    Gurgaon packers and movers
    Faridabad packers and movers
    Packers and movers Indirapuram Ghaziabad
    Delhi movers and packers

    ReplyDelete