Thursday, June 11, 2009

Finally!

Today I FINALLY got my high school schedule for this year. Everyone around me (as in mostly on Facebook) kept getting their schedules and I was starting to think something was wrong!
But, low and behold, the school system pulled through for me for once! So here's my schedule:

Hon Algebra 1
Business Principles
Visual Communications
Hon Biology 1

Theatre Arts 1
Hon English 1
World Geo
Band (concert)

As long as I get past Algebra (this time!) the first semester should be fun! But the second semester doesn't look so great... anyway, I'm just happy to finally know my classes!

I am taking the 3 basic honors classes- algebra, biology, and English. I am SO glad that I won't be in Geometry. The people who think they're smart enough to take it are going to get snapped into reality. I know they love the look on the face of someone who asks them what classes they're taking, but trying to look smart to impress people is so annoying. Advanced math in middle school was easy- now they have actual teachers who teach GEOMETRY. Ha ha... they're going to drop like flies. Take that you super ego maniacs!!

Anyway-
So today I was back at Webb. I know, I know- you're sick of hearing all about Webb, but that's what I do during the summer! Well... it's my day job anyway. And I'm actually getting tired of writing about it so... I'll take a break for today. Except for one thing!
So today when it was time for pick up, another HUGE storm blew through. Since we obviously couldn't go over to the usual pick up spot, we referred to our Special Big Handbook of Emergency Procedures. Under the threatening weather section, it directly instructed us to "remain calm and not alert the campers" and to "silently step away from the group and wait for further instructions from the camp via phone or radio" and to "not let anyone leave the building."

First of all... if there's a huge thunderstorm going on, how is there anyway to 'not alert the campers'?
"Oh yeah kids, sorry!! That huge thunder-like sound was just God's stomach grumbling. No need to worry. Oh and that flashing life threatening looking lighting is really just.. umm you're having hallucinations!!"

Seriously... anyway, thankfully nobody 'went into panic' or died so I guess that handbook really helped us out! Phew! I could have NEVER gotten through that storm without it! (?)

Ha ha, anyway, I just though that was weird. So I don't really have much else going on so bye!

11 comments:

  1. at least we have buisness principals together!!! i am so excited, it seems so much more real, and near now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah the receiving of the schedules really put it into perspective for me!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! Its actually amazing post, I have got
    much clear idea regarding from this post.

    Feel free to visit my page - aluminum baseball bats

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’m not that much of a internet reader to be honest but your sites really nice, keep it
    up! I'll go ahead and bookmark your website to come back later. Cheers

    My weblog: gps sensor

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good information. Lucky me I recently found your website by
    chance (stumbleupon). I've saved as a favorite for later!

    Here is my blog hand pruners

    ReplyDelete
  6. Greetings! Quick question that's completely off topic. Do you know how to make your site mobile friendly? My website looks weird when browsing from my iphone. I'm trying to find
    a theme or plugin that might be able to correct this issue.

    If you have any suggestions, please share. Many thanks!


    my homepage; 93 mazda rx7 for sale

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very descriptive post, I enjoyed that a lot. Will there be a part 2?


    Also visit my webpage - baseball scouting

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been surfing online more than 3 hours today, yet I never found any interesting article like yours. It is pretty worth enough for me. Personally, if all website owners and bloggers made good content as you did, the internet will be much more useful than ever before.

    Here is my web site; stop snoring device

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, just wanted to say, I loved this article. It was funny.

    Keep on posting!

    Stop by my site :: anti snore pillow reviews

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Dear, are уоu actually visiting thiѕ wеbsite regulаrly, if so then you will absolutely get goοd know-how.


    My webѕіte ... cheap legal highs

    ReplyDelete
  11. All India packers and movers list – You will find here best packers and movers website list. If you want to shift your home and office you can click below link and vist website.
    Noida packers and movers
    Delhi packers and movers
    Gurgaon packers and movers
    Faridabad packers and movers
    Packers and movers Indirapuram Ghaziabad
    Delhi movers and packers

    ReplyDelete