Friday, July 24, 2009

My Summer Day Job = GONE!!

Since I haven't updated in a while, here's what's been going on...

In Loving Memory of Jeanette Adelia Hughes...

On July 18th, my great grandmother passed away. She was almost 92 years old and I knew her by the name 'Nanny". What is surprising to most people is that I actually knew her well. She wasn't just some random distant relative. She had congestive heart failure for about 3 years and then Jesus called her home. Her 1st husband- known as Pops- died of lung cancer a long time ago- 1977. She remarried and out-lived her 2nd husband as well- Charles.  Nanny always loved every creature that walked the earth- well, her backyard at least. She always had her bird feeder full and she loved to watch them twit around and sing her their songs. If a bird was singing, she could tell you the exact kind it was. She lived through the Great Depression, World War II and everything else since her year of birth 1917. Every day at 3 o'clock, she had her Creme Sherry, and never, missed a day, even at 92! She was the youngest of 8 children, had 2 husbands, 3 kids, 8 grand children, 8 great grand children, 1 great great grand child, plus one on the way. We loved her so, so much and she loved us all even more. Even though I am really sad that she's gone, I know she's dancing in Heaven now with God and her family and friends, and I will see her again.

So we drove up on Tuesday for the funeral and then came back Wednesday night. A lot of my family was there that I hadn't seen in a while and it was so great to be with them again!
   

It's so crazy to think that today was the last of me at Drama Camp until next summer. Since I'm not involved in any summer sports or anything, for the past 6 weeks I have been at Webb from 9-2, working with and teaching and learning from and helping and making friends and having fun with the kids. And having a blast with Rosina, Logan, and Beth (aka Donna). Now that it is over, I have absolutely nothing to do for the rest of the summer!!

*GASP*

I know. It's going to be weird. I will actually have time to do stuff with my friends, go places, etc. during the day.  (Speaking of which, I have not yet seen the 6th Harry Potter movie. Is it any good??)

In a few weeks, I am flying up to Louisville with my brothers to spend almost a week with my awesome grandparents and my incredibly amazing cousin! I have not seen her in FOREVER and it's going to be so much fun! Wooo!!

1 comment:

  1. All India packers and movers list – You will find here best packers and movers website list. If you want to shift your home and office you can click below link and vist website.
    Noida packers and movers
    Delhi packers and movers
    Gurgaon packers and movers
    Faridabad packers and movers
    Packers and movers Indirapuram Ghaziabad
    Delhi movers and packers

    ReplyDelete