Wednesday, October 14, 2009

You Better Hope You're Not Alone

I love Jack Johnson. Name ring a bell? He is an amazing artist who usually does everything in acoustic. A few of his great songs include Sleep Through the Static and Hope.
In the song Hope, he talks about how you don't always have to hold your head above your heart. And if you do, you better hope you're not alone. The thing about this is pretty cool.

** DISCLAIMER: I am about to think this through way too much, overanalyze, and use metaphors as well as logical and in depth thinking**

Of course, if you were scared of that, you would have quit reading this thing a lonnnng time ago!

So this is true. You have to let your emotional guards down sometimes. I have had major problems with this! This is what leads to my relationship issues- I have to get out of my initial comfort zone to really be myself and be transparent. But when I'm in a group like discipleship/small groups at church when we start discussing things, I open up because I actually feel like they care what my opinions and certain experiences are.
So what's wrong with putting your head above your heart? Sometimes you just have to go with what your heart says despite everything else that your head is telling you.
It isn't always a bad thing. Putting your heart over your head can always lead to you getting hurt too, sometimes worse. You need to keep it half and half. A steady balance is the only thing that will keep you from sinking in anything you do.

Ok, enough with the metaphors.

So it's FALL BREAK! Notice I only put one '!' because it isn't that exciting. Last year, we had a whole weeeeeeeeeek for fall break. What did we get for this? 7 more days of summer. Big deal. Seriously, I would much rather have a week of fall break rather than extra time to get sunburnt. They also took out a bunch of inservice days, whch means we don't get those random little surprises of having a 3 day weekend b/c they gave us Monday off for teacher planning.
What am I doing this fall break? I don't know, but I've heard Pigeon Forge and/or Gatlinburg in the works. Let's do something!

Geez I am starting to feel like a reporter... which is really what I am considering I report my life to you readers haha.

In other news...
If I haven't already posted this, I am applying for a job as a camp counseler this summer. I went to this Christian (baptist) camp when I was little, and I saw something this year that sparked my interest once again. I desperately need money for a car in a few years, and I need a job. I really love working with the kids and getting the chance to be a spiritual leader to them is something I'm going to shoot for! I actually do have a ton of experience with all of my volunteering I've done i the past few years:

1) Volunteering @ Webb Drama Camp for 2 years, working w/ ages 6-13
2 )Volunteering @ GSMC Boy Scout Camp working in the "Tag alongs" (the kids that the workers need care for) ages 2-7
3) Volunteering @ STAR- 1 yr- which gave me experience working with the horses and the great kids with mental and physical disabilities ages 4-18
4) Volunteering now at church in the Children's Miinistry working as a co- teacher and helping hand.

I just got the last volunteer job last week, and I start on Sunday. YES!!!
I am so ready to make a difference in these kids' lives and try to set a Christ like example for them to follow. And someone to look up to for the right reasons. And someone who truly loves them and wants to make them better. And someone who they can always go to whenever and for whatever. I cannot wait!!!!!!!!! (Notice I put a lot of '!'s becaise I am very excited)

11 comments:

  1. on the topic of jack johnson...

    i love him!!!! i play his stuff of the guitar all the time and i have like everyone of his songs, you name it i got it! go jack!

    and all i gotta say about car money is im getting big bros pathfinder! free! well.... i assume free.... but who knows!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha lucky you! didn't your grandparents give it to him or something?

    ReplyDelete
  3. yea. and they "forgot" to tell my parents. my parents were going to buy it from they for trey. or not.

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha thats nice. same thing happens all the time with my mom and grandparents.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are a group of volunteers and starting a new scheme in our community.

    Your site offered us with valuable information to work
    on. You've done an impressive job and our entire community will be thankful to you.

    Also visit my weblog - Rvtl Anti Aging Solutions

    ReplyDelete
  6. What's Happening i am new to this, I stumbled upon this I have found It absolutely helpful and it has helped me out loads. I am hoping to contribute & help other customers like its helped me. Good job.

    My website Buy dermal meds

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good day I am so glad I found your blog, I really found you
    by error, while I was looking on Digg for something
    else, Regardless I am here now and would just like to say
    thanks a lot for a marvelous post and a all round enjoyable blog (I also love the theme/design), I don’t have time to read it all at the minute but I have book-marked it and also added your RSS feeds,
    so when I have time I will be back to read a great deal more, Please do keep up the great work.


    Here is my web site 1285 Muscle Buidling

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hurrah, that's what I was looking for, what a information! present here at this weblog, thanks admin of this web site.


    wrinkle creams

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hardly drop responses, however i did some searching and wound up
    here "You Better Hope You're Not Alone". And I do have a couple of questions for you if it's allright. Is it simply me or does it appear like a few of the responses appear like they are coming from brain dead folks? :-P And, if you are writing at other sites, I would like to keep up with everything fresh you have to post. Could you make a list of the complete urls of your public pages like your twitter feed, Facebook page or linkedin profile?


    Testforce Xtreme

    ReplyDelete
  10. I couldn't refrain from commenting. Exceptionally well written!


    Buy mito slim (mitoslimblog.net)

    ReplyDelete
  11. All India packers and movers list – You will find here best packers and movers website list. If you want to shift your home and office you can click below link and vist website.
    Noida packers and movers
    Delhi packers and movers
    Gurgaon packers and movers
    Faridabad packers and movers
    Packers and movers Indirapuram Ghaziabad
    Delhi movers and packers

    ReplyDelete